Effective Date: March 2012
Information We Collect and How We Use It
- Personally-Identifiable Information: We collect personally-identifiable information (information that can be used to identify an individual) such as name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, or other information only when you voluntarily submit it to us. For example, you may use the “Contact Us” form on this Website to give us feedback, request information about our products and services, schedule an appointment for a demonstration of our products and services, or ask questions about this Website or our products and services. We may store your communications, including any personal information you include in them, so that we can effectively respond to you.
- Non-Personally-Identifiable Information: We may also collect non-personally-identifiable information (information that does not identify to us a specific individual) such as the number of visits to this Website, the number of visits to a particular webpage of this Website, the Internet Protocol (IP) addresses of visitors, and the time spent visiting this Website. We may use this information, in aggregate form, to understand how visitors use this Website so that we can make improvements to this Website. We may also use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our servers and for purposes of system administration.
- Social Media Services: This Website may allow you to access and/or interact with third party services that have information-sharing features and tools, and certain information may be collected in connection with their use. For example, you may “like” this Website and i-Rates on Facebook. If you choose to engage in such interaction, we may communicate with you through the third party services that you are a member of.
- Third Party Service Providers: We may use third party service providers that provide technical and customer support, perform tracking and reporting functions, conduct quality assurance testing, and provide other services in connection with this Website. We may share information about you with them so that they can perform the services they are required to perform. Their use of your information is governed by this Policy.
- Business Transfers: We may share your information with our affiliates, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under a common control that we may have now or in the future, in which case we will require them to honor this Policy. In the event of a corporate change in control resulting from, for example, a sale to, or merger with, another entity, or in the event of a sale of assets or a bankruptcy, we reserve the right to transfer your information to the new party in control or the party acquiring assets. If another company acquires our company or all or substantially all of our assets, that company will possess your information, and will assume the rights and obligations with respect to that information as described in this Policy.
We store data in the United States. Please note that this Website is directed towards users who reside in the United States. It is not our intent to gather personally-identifiable information from individuals residing outside of the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, the information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States whose laws may not provide the same level of protection for personal information as your home country. By using this Website, you consent to this transfer. You also consent to the adjudication of any disputes arising in connection with this Website in accordance with the laws of the state of Delaware.
This Website is intended for general audiences and is not directed to children under 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you become aware that your child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information without parental consent, we take steps to delete such information.
While we have measures in place to help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security, and make proper use of the information that we collect, you should be aware that no transmission of data over the Internet is guaranteed to be completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of any information you provide to us.
Access to Data; Contact Information
You may request a copy of, send a correction to, or request a deletion of the personally-identifiable information we hold about you by contracting us at the following address:
4370 La Jolla Village Drive
San Diego, California 92122
Modifications to this Policy
We may revise this Policy from time to time. The most current version of this Policy will govern our use of your information and will always be located here. If we make a change to this Policy that, in our sole discretion, is material, we will notify you by prominently posting a notice of such changes on this Website. By continuing to access or use this Website after those changes become effective, you agree to be bound by the revised Policy.